Friday, June 25, 2010

L.A. Lakers Cake

My nephew turned 7 years old this week and requested for me to make an L.A. Lakers birthday cake for him . . . so we went off of his favorite player . . . "The Black Mamba" . . . Kobe Bryant. Yes I realize that Odom's # is 7 . . . by "Big T" turned 7 so we had to put that on his jersey . . . but made a black mamba snake as a reference to Bryant. I won't lie . . . I am NOT an L.A. Laker fan . . . Oh the things an aunt is willing to do for her nieces and nephews . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

holy good job!! i'm always a little jealous of your cakes

Julie said...

That really is an awesome job! I'm not happy with the Lakers for winning again, but your cake redeems them a bit.

Jessica said...

Your nephew will remember his cake. Guaranteed. And that's what it's all about, right?

Great job on the cake, auntie. I wish I was as talented with fondant...ah, practice, practice, right?

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi I love your cake. I was just wondering if the fondant colors are regular yellow and purple or did you use electric colors?