Monday, March 2, 2009

Honey Mustard Pork Roast with Spiced Peaches

This pork roast is so delicious! I love everything about the sauce from the color, and consistency, to the amazing taste! I know that my horseradish loving father in law would like this and already have it delegated to the menu for the next time they come to visit!
I used my crockpot to cook this roast in but roasting it in the oven works just as well, I just love how tender the meat gets in the crockpot and the fact that I put it in in the morning and don't have to worry about it until I get home in the evening! It is super easy to make but serves like it took some serious time and effort! We loved it!
Honey Mustard Pork Roast with Spiced Peaches
Recipe by: Emily

2-3 lb Boneless Pork Roast
1/2 cup Honey mustard
3 Tbsp prepared Horseradish
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 1/2 Cups sliced or halved Peaches, fresh or canned
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper

1. Mix 1/2 cup honey mustard, 3 tablespoons horseradish, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika together. Place pork roast in a crock pot and pour mustard mixture over the roast. Cook for 4-6 hours in the crockpot until tender and cooked through. Turn off crockpot and allow pork to rest while preparing the peaches.
2. Place the sliced or halved peaches in a baking dishes and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
3. To make the sauce remove the pork roast from the crockpot and pour drippings into a sauce pan. Cook sauce over medium heat adding a pat of butter to finish it off continuing to coo until the sauce has reduced down and thickened to desired consistency. Serve the peaches and sauce with the pork roast. Enjoy!

You can also bake the pork roast in the oven, or switch it up by using pork chops or chicken breasts!

5 comments:

Netts Nook said...

Emily This looks great I can't wait to try sounds easy thanks for sharing recipe.

Maria said...

I can't wait until summer so I can have fresh UT peaches!! The dish looks fabulous!

Donna-FFW said...

Hi Emily- This looks utterly Fantastic. The ingredients are justso perfect. I am bookmarking this and trying it for SURE! Your site is a gem. So much good stuff here!

Julie Smith said...

Okay so I made this for Sunday Dinner and my husband LOVED it! I didn't mix the peaches in with the sauce because I didn't know if he would like them but he ate several helpings and told me how great it was! This was a big hit and looked fancy too!

Kaitlin said...

Wow, that looks so good. Mmm.