Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza with Basmati Rice Crust


Forecast for today: MORE SNOW! Okay . . . I am ready for spring! Nothing like driving through blowing snow and muddy slush! Mmmm! My favorite! At least I only have 1 class today . . . but we are heading north into more snow tomorrow so I have a mountain of homework sitting here waiting for me to get done and sent off before we leave! It's crunch time . . . but I am taking just a minute to blog because I have been slacking the last few weeks . . .

Anywho yesterday I ventured out a bit into the world of creativity and made a Thai chicken pizza using basmati rice for the crust and . . . it was awesome! I love Basmati rice! It has a great flavor and aroma! I think it adds even more to an Asian inspired dish but honestly any rice can be used! My hubby gave it two thumbs up and lucky him he gets it for lunch again today! (He is no leftover lover . . . poor guy!) But we are cleaning out the fridge since we have a packed week ahead of us . . . so leftovers will be gracing our dinner table until we head out! I hope everyone has a wonderful valentines day and gets to indulge a bit into the sweet releases of chocolate!

Thai Chicken Pizza with Basmati Rice Crust
Recipe by: Emily

1 2-3 lb Rotisserie Chicken
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I use natural)
3 Tbsp Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce (I used Maggi)
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 small Onion, sliced thin
4 cups cooked Basmati Rice
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Eggs
Cilantro, chopped
1-2 Limes, sliced into wedges
3 green Onions, diced
1/3 cup Peanuts, chopped
1 Tsp Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

1. Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken, shred and set aside.
2. Cook the sliced onion in 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat until it begins to caramelize. Add the peanut butter, sweet chili sauce and coconut milk and lower heat to medium low. Allow to cook for about 4-5 minutes add chicken, cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from heat.
3. To make the crust combine 4 cups of rice, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 eggs. Divide mixture in half and press into two 9 inch greased pans or make a larger pizza in a pizza pan. Make sure that the edge of the rice is higher making a crust.
4. Pour the chicken mixture over the rice leaving the crust clean. Spread evenly and then bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
5. Return to oven and bake for 5-7 more minutes. Sprinkle top with chopped cilantro, peanuts and green onion. Serve with a wedge of lime. Enjoy!

*Anytime you use lite coconut milk your sauce will be thinner, so you may need to reduce it more if you want a thicker sauce.

7 comments:

Sara said...

This looks delicious, the rice crust sounds so unique!

Katie M. said...

You are so creative, my dear.

Happy Love day this week and eat some chocolate for me! I'm off all dairy products for the next bit (i Know, major major frown!)-- not by choice...


Love your recipes.

Emily said...

This is a fantastic idea! I love the basamati rice crust. And I love Thai flavors, so I know I would like it.

Maria said...

What a creative pizza!! I bet the flavors are awesome!!

amycaseycooks said...

There is always leftover rice in my fridge. What a great way to serve it in a new way!!

Anonymous said...

Once inspired by a Japanese recipe and prepared a rice pizza with lots of tomatoes, which was unexpectedly delicious.
Thanks for your ideas as well.

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!