Friday, February 5, 2010

Emma's Pre-Cake . . .

I am making my beautiful cousin Emma's wedding cake in a few months . . . I was also going to make a cake for a baby shower this weekend . . . but the baby is coming earlier than thought . . . so I ended up making a "practice" cake just for fun . . . it is a tidge like the cake for the wedding . . . no worries Emma . . . it is a TIDGE like the final product will be . . . only completely different . . if that makes sense . . .
It has been a long week and I have been working on a power point presentation for a class tomorrow of people from the American Revolution . . . Nathan Hale and Francis Marion are personal favorite revolutionary heroes of mine . . . (along with Jefferson, Washington, Revere, Adams, etc . . .) I remember watching the Walt Disney movie about the "Swamp Fox" as a kid, played by a very young Leslie Nelson. It rocked! . . . still does.
Tomorrow night is girls night out for yours truly and the Southern Posse . . . away from the kids and the men folk . . . you'd think we never do this with how absolutely pumped my girls are to go out! (Given it has been a while . . .) I wish you all a fabulous weekend! Go Colts!
(Great find . . . I buy these scrapbook pages that are plastic and use them as cake liners . . . a cheap and fun addition to cake decor!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love that scrapbook pages idea!

teresa said...

i'm always blown away by your beautiful cakes, great job!

Coleens Recipes said...

You arer VERY talented...beautiful.

Katie M. said...

That's it.

I'm submitting your name for the next food network cake contest.

why don't I live in utah? I would drive down to you and have you give me a lesson in cake decorating.

simply amazing, meine liebe!