Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lots of Cake! -Wedding Cake

Yeah for more cake!!! Once again I am busy writing papers and prepping for finals . . . so I am sharing a cake that came out of my kitchen recently that I LOVED. . . I made this cake for my darling cousins wedding back in March and have been eager to post the pictures that my amazing sister in law Brandi took! The heart design on the side was based on my cousins ring so it added a bit more of a personal touch to it. (I love that idea . . . it really made it their own since they designed it!!!)The cake itself was a death by chocolate cake made up of decadent chocolate sour cream cake studded with mini chocolate chips and filled and frosted with my favorite chocolate fudge frosting and then covered with white and lemongrass colored marshmallow fondant! All four tiers were made of cake so their was plenty to indulge in! This was a lot of work but it turned out awesome and I was so excited to make it for them!!! Congrats again you happy newly weds!!! We are glad to have you in the family! Special thanks to my always willing and amazing pit crew who helped me with the finishing touches!!! Love you!!!

7 comments:

Jen M said...

You are amazing ... so talented ... love that cake!!

Julie said...

What a gorgeous cake, you're so talented :)

teresa said...

soooo pretty! you're such a great cake decorator!

April said...

That was some yummy cake! In fact, the best I have ever had :) You are soooo talented~

Katie M. said...

oh emily, that is exquisite! You are so talented- you gotta show a step by step process of beginning to end sometime.

cookies and cups said...

gorgeous cake!!

"Molly Mormon" said...

THAT IS AMAZING! You are so awesome!